Monday, December 20, 2010

Top Ten for 2010

Mind you, these are the very best books I read this year; I don't require that they were published this year to include them. I'm not a huge new release reader. I choose based on my mood, and what is on the table! I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, doing something that I find the tiniest bit annoying. I guess my family can confirm that I have the capacity to annoy...



In no particular order:



1. Anything by Jean Hanff Korelitz. She wrote four novels: Admission, The White Rose, The Sabbathday River, and A Jury of Her Peers.

2. Where Men Win Glory, by Jon Krakauer.

3. How to Leave Your Hometown for Good, poetry by Tim Sproul. If you know how to reach him and get more books help me! I can't seem to track him down!

4. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot.

5. Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand.



(OK, I know that 4 and 5 are on lots of lists, but many people know a good book!)



6. The Nine, by Jeffrey Toobin - if you are as thrilled as I am by Supreme Court doings...

7. Making Toast, by Roger Rosenblatt - the saddest and loveliest memoir.

8. Just Kids, by Patti Smith.

9. Faithful Place, by Tana French.

10. Gimme Refuge, by Matt Love - really one of the spectacular teacher memoirs ever.

Bonus #11. My Stroke of Insight, by Jill Bolte Taylor, accompanied by her amazing talk on www.ted.com.

No comments: